An Interview with A Fight To The Death

One thing I do with Examiner is a Get to Know Q&A with some of the Atlanta musicians who stop by Little Five Points. It usually covers their creations, upcoming projects, living in the A, and whatever I can typically fit within a 20-minute conversation. This one features an eccentric band called A Fight to the Death, and the band member really gave me a glimpse into the complications of the Atlanta indie scene and being a band in general. Here's an excerpt of it, but I suggest just go to the whole interview here:
At this rate, where do you see A Fight To The Death within the next five years?

I hope that we are able to use the geographic distance and also use the challenges and convenience in modern technology to become more of a national band, and I mean that well. I hope that that’ll allow us to play more and out of our comfort zone, and overcome the complacency that we have in Atlanta. I really hope it gets us out of Atlanta more and make us a national or at least a multiregional band. I hope our songwriting grows and becomes more bizarre and interesting, like I will not have any idea what our next record will sound like. I see us growing and crafting songs that have a greater longevity than just writing songs that we’ll be performing live as we won’t be in that setting anymore. Our focus will be a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment